Super Easy Japanese Mixed Fruit Jelly Recipe!
Although Jelly is an incredibly simple dessert, you can count on the Japanese to perfect it and make it even more appealing. This dessert is very simple, yet very satisfying. Would you like to try this jelly dessert at home?
Mixed Fruit Jelly Recipe
What is Agar and what are the health benefits?
So first things first, what is agar?
Well, agar is made from seaweed, which is freeze-dried and dehydrated. It is a substitute to gelatin, which is made from animal collagen, so it's 100% vegan!
It is rich in dietary fibers, it has zero calories, it's vegan, it's gluten-free... what's not to love!
-2 g of agar (kanten) powder
-1 tbs of sugar
-1/2 tbs of lemon juice
-any type of fruit you like: bananas, blueberries, kiwis, mangos, strawberries, oranges, etc.
2.Place the agar powder and the sugar in a small saucepan and add the water little by little
in order to dissolve the powder and the sugar.
3. Bring the mix to a boil.
4. Turn the heat to low and simmer for a minute and a half.
5. After removing the saucepan from the heat, add some lemon juice.
6. Place the fruits beautifully in a mold and pour the mix over the fruits.
7. Cover it and refrigerate for one hour.
- Lili Wanderlust
- I love traveling and discovering new cuisines. Japan has a panoply of local dishes to try. I also love yoga, coffee, reading, and cycling.