Gyoza!!! How To Make Japanese Dumplings!
Gyozas are incredibly addictive and fun to make at home. How about inviting a bunch friends over and having a gyoza party. Everyone can gather around the table and make gyozas together. And the reward for your hard work are the delicious gyozas you can proudly say you made yourself! That, with a beer...heaven!
-400g of minced pork meat
-1 stick of garlic chive
-300g of cabbage
-1 green onion
-2 cloves of garlic
-2 tsp of grated ginger
-1 tbsp of sesame oil
-4 tbsp of sake
-2 tsp of soy sauce
-1 tsp of sugar
-1 tbsp of chicken soup consomme
-salt & pepper (to taste)
1. Finely chop the garlic chive, the cabbage, the green onion and the garlic.
2. Mix all the ingredients with the ginger and minced pork.
3. Sprinkle some cornstarch on a plate and set aside. The gyozas won't stick to the plate when you'll be making them and lining them up.
4. Put the meat mixture into the gyoza skin. Wet the outside of the skin in order for it to glue together.
5. Heat some oil, and place the gyoza nicely in the pan (like pictured above).
6. Once the gyozas looked nicely cooked, pour some water over them so they are half submerged in water and put a lid on it.
7. Once the water has evaporated, remove the lid and cook with sesame oil.
8. Once the gyozas get crispy at the bottom, they're ready!
9. Enjoy your delicious creation!
And There You Have It!
If you enjoyed this recipe, let us know on facebook!
- Lili Wanderlust
- I love traveling and discovering new cuisines. Japan has a panoply of local dishes to try. I also love yoga, coffee, reading, and cycling.