Is This The Real Life? Is This Just Fantasy? Heavenly Japanese Pancake Recipe!!
As a Japanese fanatic, when I first tried these incredibly fluffy pancakes, I knew I had to learn the recipe and try making it at home too! If you can't try them because you don't live in Japan, try making them at home for a lovely Sunday brunch!
What's the difference between Japanese pancakes and American pancakes?
But what's the difference between these two fluffy pancakes? They're both just asking to be loved.
Well, American pancakes are dense and often quite sweet. Usually, they are served with a big chunk of butter and covered in delectable Maple Syrup.
Whereas Japanese pancakes are sky-high, but they are not so thick, actually, they are quite fluffy as they are made with a meringue or buttermilk.
Simply put, Japanese pancakes are the love child of American pancakes and chiffon cake.
You can also try the recipe below and see for yourself! Yum!
Japanese Pancake Recipe!
-3/4 cup of buttermilk
-1/4 cup of sugar
-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
-A pinch of salt
-1 1/2 cup of flour
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
1. With an electric mixer, mix the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
2. Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add enough butter to cover the bottom of the pan.
4. Grease a ring mold with butter, set it in the pan and pour the batter until it reaches halfway.
5. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. With a spatula, flip over the pancake and the ring mold. Cover the mold and cook for 4 more minutes.
6. Remove the pancake from the pan, place it on a plate and remove the ring.
7. And there you have beautiful, fluffy and delicious Japanese pancakes. Yum!
- Lili Wanderlust
- I love traveling and discovering new cuisines. Japan has a panoply of local dishes to try. I also love yoga, coffee, reading, and cycling.