What's Mizu Yokan And How To Make It?
Japan's summer often gets very hot and humid. Mizu yokan (水ようかん), or red bean jelly, is one of the popular summer desserts of Japan that can make you cool down. What is mizu yokan and how do people enjoy it? Also, I will introduce a recipe for the authentic mizu yokan!
Mizu yokan contains less agar and more water, which makes the texture softer and smoother than a standard yokan. It is a refreshing and elegant dessert, you can enjoy the natural flavor and sweetness of the ingredients.
Types and servings
-150g Sweet red bean paste
1. Process the red bean paste until it gets smooth.
2. Put water and agar in a pot and boil for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the liquid to the red bean paste little by little and mix them together.
4. Add suger and mix well.
5. Strain into a mold and chill it.
Delicious and refreshing summer dessert, mizu yokan!
- I love traveling and eating. My favorites are everything matcha and cheesecakes.