Kushiya Monogatari (串家物語)
Kushiya Monogatari is a famous chain restaurant where you can enjoy all-you-can-eat kushiage. There are around 100 locations throughout Japan including major cities in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, and more. Kushiage is a great Japanese dish from Osaka that is a deep fried food on sticks where the ingredients are coated with light batter.
What is special about Kushiya Monogatari is you can choose as many as ingredients you want to eat and fry them by your selves in the special fryer on your table. It is so exciting and delicious that the restaurant is loved by all groups of people.
How to cook and eat
1. Pick up ingredients on sticks. They have around 30 kinds of ingredients to fry, including vegetables, meat. seafood, and even desserts! They also offer seasonal ingredients.
2. Coat your ingredients with the batter and then panko (bread crumbles). They make your ingredients perfectly crispy kushiage. You can get them from the baffet table.
3. Put the sticks into the deep fryer on your table. It varies in the ingredients, but usually takes 2-3 minutes. There is a paper on the table that says the recommended time for each ingredient.
4. Dip the kushiage into your choice of dipping sauce, and eat! There are a variety of sauce from regular sweet and savory sauce to a cheese one. Find your combination of the ingredient and dipping sauce. All the sauces are homemade.
5. Don't forget to try other dishes. They have Japanese curry, spaghetti, salad, and some desserts. Chocolate fondue is popular especially with kids.
It varies in each location, but mostly around 1500 yen for lunch and 2500 yen for dinner. The best value for money!
Have an amazing kushiage experience at Kushiya Monogatari!
Make sure you are hungry when you visit! You will eat a plenty of tasty kushiage and other dishes while enjoying the atmosphere and self-cooking.
1-5-7, Higashi Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo