Vegetarian Sushi Recipe! Fun Dinner Party Idea For Vegetarians!
Sushi is a really fun meal to make between friends, not only is it easy, but it's also a nice icebreaker between new friends! While enjoying a nice glass of wine, people can gather around and enjoy (or laugh at) their original and vegetarian creations.
Vegetable Sushi Recipe!
-50g of pickled radish
-50g of carrots
-1/2 red pepper
-100g of daikon
-50g of corn
-100 ml of water
-A bit of wasabi
-Cornstarch and water
-50 ml of sake
-2 tbsp of sugar
-2 tbsp of olive oil
-A pinch of basil salt
-2 liters of sushi rice
1. Peel the daikon
2. To make sweet vinegar, mix the sugar and the vinegar and add the daikon. Leave it overnight in the fridge
3. Peel the carrots and cut them diagonally into thin slices
4. In a medium pan, add water, a little bit of sugar and of consomme to the carrots. Cook them quickly
5. Cut the red pepper into small pieces. Saute them in a frying pan with olive oil. Sprinkle with basil salt. Add a little bit of cornstarch and water.
6. Before cutting the radish sprouts, mix some mayonnaise with a bit of wasabi.
7. Cut the daikon vertically
8. Mix the corn with the mayonnaise mix.
9. Cut the nori in two ways: 6cmX 1.5 cm & 10cmX 3 cm
10. Handmake the rice balls
11. Wrap the rice with nori and add the bell pepper so that it looks like ikura
12. Do the same with the corn so that it looks like tuna salad
13. Add the daikon over the rice so that it looks like cuttlefish
14. Do the same with the carrots so that it looks like salmon
15. Take the pickled radish and add it to the rice to make it look like a tamago sushi
16. Between the rice ball and the radish sprouts, put a little of the mayonnaise wasabi mix and holt it together with a thin piece of nori.
17. Place it nicely on a plate and enjoy!
Check out our FB page about vegetarian/vegan resto suggestions
- Lili Wanderlust
- I love travelling and discovering new cuisines. Japan has a panoply of local dishes to try. I also love yoga, coffee, reading, and cycling.