What's More Refreshing Than a Mojito in the Summer in Tokyo!
In the scorching hot Japanese summers, you can sometimes feel like you're slowly turning into a sloth, as each movement is slower than the next. The blazing sun makes you feel like you're literally melting. Is there anything more refreshing and more summery than a mojito? Below is a recipe for a yuzu mojito, and also different places to enjoy mojitos in Tokyo.
Yuzu mojito recipe
Here's a twist on a classic with a Japanese taste. Yuzu is a Japanese citrus and is commonly found in Japanese cuisine. This citrus is like no other and will add an original twist to a classic mint-lime mojito.
-5 leaves of mint
-zest from 1/2 a yuzu
-cane sugar or regular sugar
-1 ½ oz. white rum
-2 oz. tonic soda
-lime for garnish
1. Muddle fruit and herbs in a shaker
2. Add remaining ingredients, except for the soda
3. Cap and shake vigorously
4. Pour into a long serving glass and add ice
5. Top with tonic soda and garnish with lime and mint
However, faithful to its name, they make delicious mojitos; in fact, some say the best in Tokyo!
Ginza 300 BAR
Library Lounge These
- Lili Wanderlust
- I love traveling and discovering new cuisines. Japan has a panoply of local dishes to try. I also love yoga, coffee, reading, and cycling.