Choco Banana: Only at Summer Festivals in Japan!
There are a huge variety of festival food in Japan, and choco banana is one of them! It is a simple dessert, where bananas are coated with chocolate with sprinkles on top. There's something really special about choco banana, so let's find it out together!
Ingredients (for 4 people) -
- 2 Big green bananas
- 2 pairs of disposable chopsticks or 4 popsicle sticks
- Chocolate Sprinkles or your choice of toppings
- 70g chocolate
- hot water
1. Cut bananas into half or the size that you favor and put a stick on each banana.
2. Put bananas in the fridge while tempering chocolate
3. Put a bowl of chocolate on hot water (around 60 degrees Celsius)
4. Once chocolate is all melted, check the temperature. If it is under 35 degrees Celsius, it's perfect, so take it off from the heat. (If it goes over 35 degrees Celsius, chocolate doesn't get hardened, so be careful!)
5. Take out bananas from the fridge, and cover bananas with chocolate as quickly as you can!
6. Quickly decorate and sprinkle to chocolate covered bananas, and let it dry.
More and more festival food!
Why not visit one of the following festivals in Japan and try delicious choco banana?
- My obsession: tomatoes/puppies/photography